Terms of services
- Information submitted by the buyer will be used solely for the purpose of completing the transaction, delivering the product and addressing any customer service issues. Your data, inclusive of your name, address, phone numbers, and credit card details will not be shared with any third party clients. Your data can only be given in case of certain conditions arising when required by government agencies or by a court of law. You should read these notes every time you browse this site.
- By accessing, reading and making use of the Web pages provided by Gemkart.com, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and on the respective Web pages. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use the information or service provided on the pages.
- Should you get dissatisfied with any Web page of Gemkart.com or with any terms and conditions related thereto, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing the respective page.
- This Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your use of the Website and your membership in the Service. By accessing the website or becoming a member, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and accept this agreement and agree to the terms, conditions, notices, and disclosures contained or referenced herein.
- You agree to inform Gemkart.com your subsequent disability to enter into any contract. Subsequent, disability shall entitle Gemkart.com to restrict/ change/ terminate this agreement at its own discretion.
- The Services are available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable laws of India and the country of their residence. Without limiting the foregoing, the Services are not permitted to be used by minors (which means, in most jurisdictions, those under the age of 18) or temporarily or indefinitely suspended Gemkart.com members.
- Your use of the Gemkart.com website represents and warrants that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Your Membership is only for personal use. It is not to be assigned, transferred or licensed so as to be used by any other person/entity. Members are advised to make appropriate/thorough enquiries before acting upon any service advertisement. Our Website does not vouch for or subscribe to the claims and representations made by advertisers. Kindly note that your membership at Gemkart.com is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your membership and you may not assign or transfer your account to any other person or entity.
- If there is any dispute about or involving the Site and/or the Service, by using the Site, you unconditionally agree that all such disputes and/or differences will be governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Competent Courts in Chandigarh, India only.
Use of the WebsiteBy accessing the website, you warrant and represent to the website owner that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information made available via the website
TrademarksThe trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trademarks") displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the website owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of the website owner.
External linksExternal links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of the website owner and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk.
WarrantiesThe website owner makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website.
PricesOur pricing is calculated using current precious metal and gem prices to give you the best possible value. These prices do change from time to time, owing to the fluctuations in prices of precious metal and gem prices, so our prices change as well. Prices on Gemkart.com are subject to change without notice. Please expect to be charged the price for the Gemkart.com merchandise you buy as it is listed on the day of purchase.
Conflict of termsIf there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website. All disputes are subject to Chandigarh jurisdiction.
Cancellation & Returns
- You can cancel your order for a product at no cost within 24 hours of placing the order at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also cancel one order item within an order without canceling the entire order if the order contains 2 or more order items. For products bought under promotional schemes, 10% deduction will be made on the order amount.
- For prepaid orders, the amount will be credited to the payment source (Credit Card/Debit Card /Net Banking).
- Once the product is returned under our 15 Day Money Back policy the refund will be credited to your account.
- For cash on delivery orders, the refund will be processed to your bank account.
- For prepaid orders, the amount will be credited to the payment source (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking).
- Please visit https://gemkart.com/pages/returns-refunds for more details about our Returns Policy and amount to deduct.
Free GiftAll free gifts are treated as discounts. In Case of Partial Cancellation or Returns of Orders with a free gift, the Amount refunded will not include the discount attributed to the Free Gift.
- Special offer is valid only on select product.
- Gemkart may change (add to, delete, or amend) these terms from time to time.
- All disputes, with respect to the products and services offered in this connection, are subject to Chandigarh jurisdiction.
- As per the current guidelines mandated by the Government of India, a customer has to provide the Permanent Account Number (PAN) for all purchases above INR 2 lakh.
Gemkart respects your privacy and recognizes the need to protect your personal information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, financial information, and telephone number) you share with us. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our website.
- If you have any comments or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive them at our email address email@example.com
- We view protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We understand clearly that You and Your Personal Information is one of our most important assets. We store and process Your Information including any sensitive financial information collected as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules there under. We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates.
Following are the various Correspondence Information which You provide when You access/register for Our Service includes:
- Children under the age of 18: Use of the Platform is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Platform. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the Platform and shall not transact on or use the Platform. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on Gemkart, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Platform.
- Personal Information: name, gender, age, images, contact/ postal address, telephone, email id, nationality and content.
- Financial Information: credit/ debit card details including card number and expiry date in encrypted form, details for net banking services and Wallet services. Please be advised that Gemkart ensures the highest degree of data security, while encrypting as per the guidelines specified by Payment Cards Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history etc. We maintain this in encrypted form on secure servers. However, your transactions details may be preserved by Gemkart for purposes of tax or regulatory compliance.
- Transactional Information: Order ID, transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities on Gemkart.
- User IDs: Your usernames, passwords, email addresses, contacts, account including third-party accounts and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services.
- Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
- Hate speech, credible threats or direct attacks on an individual or group
- Content that contains self-harm or excessive violence
- Fake or impostor profiles
Technical and functional management of the Platform
When you use our Platform, we also process technical data such as your IP-address, Device ID, Device Contacts, Device Accounts including third-party accounts or MAC-address, and information about the manufacturer, model, and operating system of your device. We use this data to enable us to deliver the functionalities of the Platform, resolve technical difficulties, and provide you with the correct (prevent the transmission of spam, viruses and/or unlawful, defamatory, obscene or otherwise undesirable material or content) and most up to date version of the Platform.
Operational UseWe may use your information for suggesting products and promotional offers and schemes. You may update your profiling information at any time on the Platform. You acknowledge and agree such update is for your interests and for improving personalization and service efficiency of the Platform.
Note: You acknowledge that, we will only disclose your information in an aggregated form which is not capable of being used or interpreted in such a manner as to identify you.
Applicable law and procedureWe collect and store your Correspondence Information to:
(a) comply with our obligations under law
(b) monitor your use of our Services in order to ensure your compliance with our Terms of Service.
Note: However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to our Platform is at your own risk. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
Third PartyAt times We may tie-up with third parties, brand owners or other partners and make available certain offers, events or special schemes. In such instances, Your personal information may be shared with such third parties and/or may become available to them or be disclosed to them, such third parties may have their own applicable privacy rules and We shall not be liable for the use or misuse of Your information by such third parties.
We only collect your Personal Information to conduct our business and to enable us to deliver and improve our services. We do not for any reason whatsoever sell your Correspondence Information to any third party or otherwise trade on it.
- You can visit the Website and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to the Website you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the Website and log on with your user name and password.
- We may collect various information if you seek to place an order for a product to us on the Website.
- We collect, store and process your data for processing your purchase on the Website and any possible later claims, and to provide you with our services. We may collect your title, name, gender, email address, postal address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, mobile number, fax number, payment details, payment card details or bank account details, Internet protocol(IP) address, personal information received from social networking sites through which you have registered to the Website including name, profile picture, email address or friends list, and any information made public in connection with that social media service and such other personal and non-personal information that may be required to access and operate the Website.
- Please be advised that the duration of use of the Website by you may also be logged and stored by the Website.
- The information may be collected and/or stored in electronic form; however, we are hereby authorized by you to collect/store such information in physical form as well.
- We need this information in order to allow you to go ahead with placing your order for a product. We may use that data to process payment for the product and deliver the product to you. We also use that data to inform you when the product is about to be delivered.
- We may share the information collected from you with our affiliates, employees, agents, service provider, sellers, suppliers, banks, payment gateway operators and such other individuals and institutions like judicial, quasi-judicial law enforcement agencies. Our affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
- We may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier).
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Website and each of the Website’s officers, directors, contracts or agents and any third party relying on the information provided by you in the event You are in breach of this Policy.
- Your actual order details may also be stored with us and you may access this information by logging into your account on the Website. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
- Under no circumstances do we rent, trade or share your personal information that we have collected with any other company for their marketing purposes without your consent. We reserve the right to communicate your personal information to any third party that makes a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.